The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Regional Office IV-A is looking for five Engineer II to support the implementation of Conditional Matching Grant to Provinces (CMGP) and other locally-funded projects in the CALABARZON Region. The position is under Contract of Service with Salary Grade 16.
The CMGP Engineer per province shall have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the provincial focal person for CMGP Technical Concerns, particularly in monitoring the preparation, procurement, and implementation of KALSADA/CMGP projects in the province to ensure that the requirements in the CMGP Implementation Guidelines are complied with.
- Monitor the preparation of CMGP project requirements by the provinces, particularly the detailed engineering design and program of works, and provide necessary assistance to facilitate completion thereof.
- Monitor the maintenance activities for the fair-to-good provincial roads which have been committed by the province for maintenance within the fiscal year.
- In coordination with the CMGP PMO, assist in the review of the detailed engineering design and program of works submitted by the provinces.
- Monitor the conduct of procurement activities by the provinces and ensure that the following CMGP requirements are complied with:
- Procurement process are undertaken in accordance with the provision of the 2016 Revised IRR of R.A. No. 9184 and the Implementation Guidelines of CMGP
- Submission of the procurement schedule by the Provincial Government to DILG
- Submission of contract and other supporting documents to COA for contract review within five days after signing of the contract
- Monitor the progress of construction activities of CMGP projects such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Designation by Provincial Government of a full-time Project Engineer or Construction Supervision Team
- Conduct of pre-construction conference
- Installation of project billboards
- In coordination with the CMGP PMO:
- Review the Quality Control Plan for each project and monitor its implementation
- Review bi-monthly and quarterly reports submitted by provinces
- Conduct regular inspection of civil works (at least once a month) to check compliance with plans and specifications and upload all monitoring/travel reports to the designated Google Drive folder
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of provincial governance reform roadmap on local road management.
- Assist the Provincial Government in the preparation of Project Completion Reports
- Participate in the assessment and planning workshops, training and similar activities
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- At least 2 years experience in a project involving road construction