Income Classification: 4th Class
Congressional District: 2nd District
No. of Barangays: 16
Land Area: 6,035 has.
Population (NSO, 2010): 27,702
Registered Voters (COMELEC, 2016): 16,576
Newly Elected Local Officials (2016 Election)
The town of Dolores was created inb the year 1834. It was decided by the provincial officials of Batangas and Tayabas, with the concurrence of bishop of Nueva Caceres and later approved by the Gobernador y Capitan general de las Islas Pilipinas and the Archbishop of Manila, that a town be established in the immediate vicinity of Sitio Hambujan. Dolores is primarily an agricultural municipality with a total land area of 6035 hectares, 3858 hectares are devoted to production of high values crops. About 80% of the total population is engaged in crop production and livestock. The people of Dolores are naturally warm and friendly. They procatice simple life that is devoted to their beliefs and family.
On May 23, 1835, the local government of Nuestra Senora de los Dolores was inaugurated with Don Francisco Fernando as its first Governadorcillo. The seat of the new town was then Barrio de maranli (the present site of the town proper-Poblacion). The seat of government was transferred from Poblacion to barangay Bulakin II (present site) since September of 1966.
Near the foot of Mt. Banahaw, along the western boundary of Quezon Province lies the town of Dolores. It is about 100 kilometers south of Metro Manila and 46 kilometers northwest of the Provincial Capital, Lucena City. It is adjacent to San Pablo City, Laguna, bounded on the north by Nagcarlan, Laguna, on the south by Tiaong, Quezon, on the east by Lucban, Quezon and on the southwest by Candelaria, Quezon.
Major Income Sources: Agriculture, Trade and Commerce
Tourist Destinations: Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine, Brgy. Sta. Lucia Trails, Brgy. Kinabuhayan Trails, Mount Banahaw, Kubli Spring, Bato Spring Resort, Bangkong Kahoy Valley & Resort
Special Events/Festivals: Hambujan Festival
Address: Municipal Hall, Brgy. Bulakin II, Dolores Quezon
Phone: (042) 565-6515
Fax: (042) 565-6785