Income Classification: 1st Class
Congressional District: 1st District
No. of Barangays: 46
Land Area: 10,155 has.
Population (NSO, May 1, 2010): 81,734
Registered Voters (COMELEC, January 2010): 58,122
Newly Elected Local Officials (2016 Election)
Lemery is a first Class Municipality in the Province of Batangas and has a total land area of 10,155 hectares which is equivalent to 3.21% of the total area of the province known as a “Central Business District” in the western Batangas w/ approximately 1,660 business establishments. There are about 92,831 God loving residents distributed among 20, 151 households, the municipality is major thrust is Agriculture, Commercial with agro tourism.
The only municipality in the province of Batangas with Sanitary Landfill facility and one of the municipalities having a modernized Oksyon Market equipped with new electronic technologies.
During the early part of the 18th century, adventurous settlers from Taal, Northern Mindoro and Southern Cavite were attracted to the vast plain near the shores of Balayan Bay because of its abundance in fish and other marine life. Salting and drying fish became their major occupation due to the great demand of salted and dried fish by people coming from the provinces of Cavite, Mindoro, Laguna and Batangas. People came in great numbers to join the settlers, and the village became populous. The place was first called "PUNTA", meaning direction, because the great number of people came to the direction of the village. In 1818, the village of PUNTA was converted into barrio, under the Municipality of Taal. Upon the suggestion of a new priest, the successor of Father Geronimo, the place was named San Geronimo in honor of the first priest assigned in the former village of PUNTA.
CAPTAIN ROBERTO LEMERY, the Commanding Officer of San Geronimo outpost instructed the military and the church personnel to study the language of the native and cultivate harmony with them. When Captain Lemery died in 1856, the people of San Geronimo requested their priest to change the name of the barrio to LEMERY. In 1858, the barrio of San Geronimo became officially known LEMERY. In 1862, Lemery was separated from the Municipality of Taal and became the district municipality thru the efforts of CANDIDA CESARIO VALENZUELA, MANUEL CABRERA, POLICARPIO MARIÑO and DOMINGO AGONCILLO. Jose Cabrera became the First Gobernadorcillo of the newly created town. For Economic considerations,Lemery was again annexed to Taal in 1904.
Finally by virtue of Executive Order 1549 of the Philippine Civil Commission, it became an independent Municipality in 1907.
Lemery belongs the congressional district in the province of Batangas and has a total land area of 10,155 hectares which is equivalent to 3.21% of the total land area of the province of Batangas..It belongs to the 1st Congressional District of Batangas, located in the North Western part of the province and is bounded on the North by the Municipality of Calaca; on the East by the Municipality of Agoncillo; on the South by the Municipality of Taal; and on the West by Balayan Bay. There are two (2) alternate routes going to Lemery from Manila: (1) via the City of Lipa in the South and (2) via Tagaytay City, in the North using the R. Diokno Highway.
With the exception of some portions that are somewhat hilly, the rest of the municipality is generally plain especially those along the coastal areas.
Major Income Sources: Farming and Business Management
Tourist Destinations: Beach Resorts at NonongCasto, Fantasy World at Mayasang, Casa Corazon at Sinisian West, Hot Springs at Sinisian East and Balanga, Bird Sanctuary at Brgy.Palanas, Mangrove Forest at Brgy. Palanas and Mataasnabayan Sanitary Land Fill with MRF and demo farm
Special Events/Festivals: Sigpawan Festival, Viva San Roque, Lemery Fiesta Celebration
Address: Ilustre Ave. Brgy. Dist III, Lemery, Batangas
Phone: (043) 740-0157 / (043) 740-2618
Fax: (043) 740-0157