Income Classification: 1st Class
Congressional District: 2nd District
No. of Barangays: 9
Land Area: 8,218 has.
Population (NSO, May 1, 2010): 59,527
Registered Voters (COMELEC, May 9, 2016): 34,213
Newly Elected Local Officials (2016 Election)
Pililla is an old community, having been founded as an Independent Municipality in 1583. The present church which was recently renovated was constructed in 1673 after a series of fire that gutted the first church in 1632 and again in 1668. Potentially, Pililla is rich in mineral resources and boost of several scenic spots that could be developed into a vacation and/or tourist resorts.
According to narration’s handed down from generations, the town of Pililla was already existing before the coming of Spanish forces in the Philippines in 1521 with its first inhabitants of Pagans living in the mountains and plains along the Pilang Munti as distinguished from Pila, Laguna which was known as “Pilang Malaki”.
On December 4, 1837, and election of local officials was held in Pililla. The following towns participated in the said election; Morong, Pililla, Tanay, Baras, Jalajala and San Diego (Quisao). The last town was a new town and is presumed to be either the Barrio of Quisao which was San Diego for its Patron Saint, or the Barrio of Niogan. In 1896, the Katipuneros of Pililla and Quisao established their military camp at Rambo on Halang na Gubat. Three years later, on August 6, 1898, Pililla joined the revolutionary Government of Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo. During the existence of Philippine Republic, Quisao became an Independent Town. On January 5, 1899, a fierce battle ensued between the American Force and the Philippine Troops have to retreat to the mountains of Tanay.
The town of Pililla and Quisao were incorporated into newly created Province of Rizal in June 11, 1901. Two years later, the Philippine Commission, in line with its policy of economy and centralization consolidated the town of Pililla, Quisao and Jalajala with the seat of Government of Pililla. On September 20, 1907, Jalajala was separated on Pililla and became an Independent Municipality. Quisao, on the other hand, remained a Barrio of Pililla up to present.
Pililla, Rizal lies at the western side of Sierra Madre Mountains, bounded on the north by the town of Tanay, Rizal 2.5 kms. from the town proper; on the east by the towns of Sta. Maria and Mabitac, Laguna 25 kms.; on the west by the Laguna de Bay and on the south by the town of Jalajala, Rizal 17 kms. away. In point of area, Pililla is the fourth largest town in Rizal. Its distance from Manila (about 58 kms.) deters big industrial firms from putting up their plants and factories in the place. However, its economic development has been hastened with the increased agricultural, livestock and the fish production through modern technology.
Major Income Sources: Agriculture,Fishing, Mining, Industrial, Commercial and Service Centers
Tourist Destinations: Pililla Windfarm, Mt. Sembrano (with 11 mini falls), Stagira Farms and Eco-Park, Villa Lorenza Resort, Bulawan Floating Restaurant, RockHills, The Coffee Stop at Llamarr, Ace-Deo Resort, Lakeview (overlooking Laguna de bay), Kawayan Farm Restaurant
Special Events/Festivals: Turumba Festival, Flores de Mayo/Sta. Cruzan, Kalabaw Festival, Feast of St. Mary Magdalene, Feast of San Diego De Alcala, Feast of San Gabriel, Feast of San Isidro, Feast of San Lorenzo Ruiz
Address: Municipal Hall, Pililla, Rizal
Phone: (02) 654-1093
Fax: (02) 661-3641