Local Special Bodies (LSB) Strengthening
It is a year-end assessment of all provinces, cities and municipalities nationwide, relative to the pertinent provisions of the Local Government Code of 1991 and DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2010-73 dated August 4, 2010, particularly on the following:
- Inventory of People's NGOs or Business or Professional Groups is conducted,
- Call for Accreditation is done,
- Selection of representatives to the Local Special Bodies is in accordance to the Local Government Code and policy guidelines, and
- Existence of Reconstituted LSB.
For CY 2011, it is a quarterly assessment on the functionality of the LSB and effective participation of CSOs.
- Enhance participation of CSOs in local bodies through accreditation and expanding memberships of local BACs, LSB and MSAC