- A strongly determined and highly trusted Department committed to capacitate and nurture local government units, public order and safety institutions to sustain peaceful, progressive, and resilient communities where people live happily.
- The Department shall promote peace and order, ensure public safety, strengthen capability of local government units through active people participation and a professionalized corps of civil servants.
- Peaceful, safe, self-reliant and development-dominated communities;
- Improve performance of local governments in governance, administration, social and economic development and environmental management;
- Sustain peace and order condition and ensure public safety.
- Reduce crime incidents and improve crime solution efficiency
- Improve jail management and penology services
- Improve fire protection services
- Continue professionalization of PNP, BFP and BJMP personnel and services
- Enhance LGU capacities to improve their performance and enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their constituents
- Continue to initiate policy reforms in support of local autonomy