The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) today clarified that the distribution of the Ayuda in the National Capital Region (NCR), Laguna, and Bataan will continue despite the shift to the more relaxed Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ).

“It’s not true that the Ayuda for NCR Plus will stop because we have shifted to MECQ. That is fake news. Though more people are now back to work, the Ayuda is a commitment of government and will continue to be distributed despite the change in quarantine classification,” said DILG Undersecretary and Spokesperson Jonathan Malaya.

He condemned those spreading fake news in social media. “We reiterate, there is no truth to the claim that the Ayuda will stop now that the ECQ is over. The funds have been downloaded to the local government units (LGUs) and we will continue until the last peso is distributed,” he added.

He said that the distribution is going smoothly across the NCR area and that a total of P8.4-billion in Ayuda funds have so far been distributed as of August 21 to some 8.4-million beneficiaries in the NCR. This represents 75% of the funds downloaded by the national government to Metro Manila.

Malaya said that the earliest to complete the Ayuda distribution is Caloocan City which has completely distributed P1.3-billion to some 1.3 million beneficiaries. Next is Pateros at 96.87%, Manila at 82.71%, Mandaluyong at 82.52%, and Paranaque at 77.89%.

LGUs have until August 25 to complete distribution but the DILG, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), and Department of National Defense (DND) will receive requests for extension on a case-to-case basis.

“We understand the challenges in the distribution of this financial aid considering the need to control the number of people in distribution points because of the pandemic. Still, we are calling on our mayors and punong barangays to ensure that the target beneficiaries will receive the ayuda the earliest possible time,” he said.

He also said that the safeguards are already in place to ensure that graft and corruption is prevented in the distribution of the Ayuda this year such as the posting of the beneficiaries list in the social media pages of the LGU concerned and the creation of a Grievance and Appeals Committee per LGU.

“In compliance with the directive of the President, we have organized a Joint Monitoring and Inspection Team (JMIT) per LGU headed by the DILG field officers, DSWD representative, Chief of Police, Provincial/City Prosecutor and a civil society organization (CSO) representative. The JMIT has been tasked to monitor the distribution on a daily basis,” he said.

Per Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No. 3, series of 2021, low-income target beneficiaries and those working in informal economies will receive P1,000 per individual and a maximum of P4,000 per family.

“Hindi po 'yan sa dami ng mga tao sa lugar kundi sa disiplina at sistema ng pamamahagi ng ayuda. Kung kinakailangan po nating magparami ng mga distribution centers at mga tauhan, mas maigi para mas mabilis ang ating pamamahagi ng ayuda,” Malaya said.

He also emphasized the importance of discipline in managing the emergency subsidy.

“Mapalad po kayo na mga nakatanggap ng ayuda, kaya mahalaga rin maging disiplinado sa pagkuha at paggamit nito. Panawagan ko po sa taong bayan, hindi po yan pang online sabong, o pang-swimming, gamitin po ninyo 'yan para po sa mga essential na pangangailangan ng inyong pamilya,” he said.

Original Article at: https://dilg.gov.ph/news/DILG-Ayuda-distribution-to-continue-even-if-NCR-Laguna-Bataan-shifted-to-MECQ/NC-2021-1166

Transparency Seal